PRIVACY NOTICE FOR PATIENTS OF JAYSONS OPTICIANS
Jaysons Opticians is a registered data controller.
Why we collect and process your personal data
We collect and process clients personal data for the purposes of healthcare and marketing of other services provided by Jaysons Opticians and its affiliated and related businesses. We process our clients personal data with their consent for marketing purposes or to meet a legitimate interest. This means we can tell you about eye care, health care and other services that may be relevant to you. If you do not want us to process your personal data for marketing purposes, please let us know and we will stop.
Legal basis for processing your data.
Jaysons Opticians processes the information of its clients in pursuit of its legitimate interests in
· Providing services to its clients
· Helping the business to further its mission in providing high quality service to its clients.
How is information collected.
Information can be obtained through eye examinations with us, products purchased from us or any other interaction with us.
How information is used
We may also use your data/personal information for the following:
· Providing our products and/or services to you including but not limited to NHS / Private eye care, and health care purposes.
· Sending you reminders for due examinations, spectacle collections, contact lens collections, appointment confirmation
· Retaining personal data relating to your credit/debit card and order details to allow us to fulfil your order and help with queries or refunds.
· Security checks, so we can protect you from fraudulent activities when you make a purchase/order from us, to prevent and detect criminal activities.
· Insurance purposes
· Tax purposes, compliance with laws, defence claims and other business or corporate purpose
The data we may collect and process includes
· Your name and date of birth
· Your contact telephone numbers, email and postal address
· Your relevant health details, including, but not limited to; current and past eye health/conditions, general health conditions previous spectacles/contact lens prescriptions; current medication details; correspondence between other optometrists, and/or your GP, or any other relevant registered healthcare practitioners.
· Your examination results
· Your payment details
· Your employment / lifestyle/driving information
· Details of prescriptions supplied to you by a healthcare professional and/or a medical practitioner
· Information you provide to us when filling in forms on the Jaysons Opticians website
· Other information you voluntarily provided.
Most information collected will be voluntarily from you, we do sometimes collect information from other sources when necessary and lawful to do so, Including but not limited to; NHS services or other health care practitioners, institutions or individuals you have authorized to provide information on your behalf (eg your employer, parents or guardians), government services, tax or law enforcement agencies.
How information is stored
We process your personal data in strict confidence. We keep your personal data securely in our filing and electronic systems in the following formats.
· Database software
· Backup software
· Online Direct Debit mandates
· Hard copy
How long we keep your information
Your data will be kept for as long as necessary (or as defined under applicable healthcare laws and regulations). We are also required by law to keep your data for a minimum term even after our last contact with you before we delete it.
How information is shared
In the course of processing your personal data we may share it with:
The healthcare professionals working at this practice and staff members.
Healthcare professionals and those under their supervision at other optical practices, but only if you have specifically asked us to pass your personal data (such as your prescription) to them
Other healthcare providers and commissioners, and suppliers of optical appliances or similar products, in connection with your ongoing healthcare treatment
Software providers for our patient record and invoicing systems, and financial institutions, so that we can keep patient records up to date and arrange payment for services provided to you
Your employer / government departments
Other Jaysons affiliated or related business or services that we consider may be relevant to or of interest to you.
How we keep your information secure
Our databases are part of a secure server held on the Jaysons Opticians premises. We use up to date and various security techniques to keep your data stored as safely as possible.
Accessing and updating your information
· You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. This is known as making a 'subject access request'
· Have your personal data rectified in it is inaccurate.
· Request that we amend or restrict the type of communications you receive
· Ask for a transfer of your data electronically to a third party.
If you would like to access your information or update it then you can either request to do so in-store or e-mail us at: email@example.com
We will not usually delete data where our legitimate interest in processing the data overrides your rights and interests for example healthcare data before our usual time limit (see ‘how we hold and share your personal data’ above) where we have a duty to keep accurate records – for example, to comply with a legal obligation, or in connection with a legal claim. If you ask us to delete such data we will discuss this with you
Changes to our policy
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us in regards to this policy or would like to request any information, make changes or request we delete your data, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or write to us at Jaysons Opticians, 21 High Street, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 1HY
Contacting us and the ICO about your personal data
Please speak to us first if you have any questions or concerns about the way in which we process personal data.
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you have a concern about our handling of your personal data which you do not think we can resolve.